It was about 80 degrees, sun shining and not a single cloud in the sky. I sit crunched down in a small airplane having enough room to only seat 5 people, including pilot. At 10,000 feet up the world seem to just stand still.
My view brought a new meaning to the saying, “perspective is reality”. I saw scenic beaches, powder blue skies, and vibrantly green trees as far as the eye could see. As I took in the massiveness of the earth below me the airplane door opened letting in a violent wind gust that sent goosebumps up my spine.
Then…. before I knew it, I was in an 120 mile per hour free-fall towards the earth! It only lasted 30 seconds, but that was the shortest most exhilarating 30 seconds of my life. Although I’ve just described my life changing skydive words cannot capture the feelings, the scenic views or the butterflies fluttering in my gut. This hi five says it all though !
Clearly this was the highlight of my weekend but other shenanigans also ensued. There was several adventures that made for my weekend so here they are, rapid-fire style:
- Skydived from 10,000 feet like a badass. Had a triumphant hi-five upon landing.
- Galavanted to Soho in NYC where I stayed at the aptly named, Sohotel.
- Sat in this chair like a BOSS. Pondered world domination.
- Had a photo shoot while admiring all of NYC’s street art
- Saw Bill Cosby in a pile of trash. Offensive? Quite possibly. Also hilarious? Hell yes !
- Noticed that, “Rent Is Too Damn High” in NY
- Attempted to transform into The Hulk. Failed miserably !
- Then, I hopped and skipped to Washington Square Park where I was challenged to a handstand Competiton. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED !
- After a long day of handstanding, and admiring NYC’s eclectic street imagery I treated myself to some fine whiskey 🙂
- Before venturing back to NJ, I stopped by and chapped it up with the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man 👍
EPIC WEEKEND TO SAY THE LEAST !
What did you do this Memorial Day weekend ?
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Want to skydive with me? I’m dying to do it again !!
Share. Laugh. Cry. Or all of the above. Inspire someone to enjoy the hell out of their weekend.